October Update for LRC Members
- LRC 35th anniversary meal is fast approaching. Please confirm with Ann by tomorrow if you want to attend. It’s set to be a great night! Start time is 7pm.
- Phil Sutcliffe is our new Kit Manager. Please speak to Phil if you need to order any kit.
- Our Annual General Meeting (AGM) is scheduled for 27th November 2018. Please come along and hear an update on everything that happened in 2018 including the results of our competitions. This is also your chance to nominate someone for the club trophies including the Presidents Trophy for outstanding club contribution and the Mike Green Trophy for outstanding running achievement. Note - you must attend the AGM to nominate someone. The voting for nominees will be done in the two weeks afterwards via email.
- Have you received a rejection letter for the London Marathon? LRC offers a ballot to allow 1 lucky runner to gain a place and run this iconic event. Please see the Rules section on the website should you want to be considered to enter the ballot. The lucky runner will be announced at the AGM.
- Our beginners course starts on 17th October. See the website for full details. The beginner’s session starts at 6.20 (for a 6.30 start) – 7.15pm, so this is before the main Wednesday club night. Please let us know if you can help – your support is much appreciated as we were all newbies once.
Thanks and happy running
To celebrate 35 years of LRC, a family fun day was held in May and what a day it was!
The sun was shining, we ate picnic food, played team games and had a fabulous time.
Thank you LRC for providing members and their families with strawberries and cream and the lovely ladies that baked cakes, making our afternoon tea so delicious.
The latest race in our Grand Prix series was the popular Stafford Half Marathon, which took place on Sunday 15th April 2018. Rescheduled due to the heavy snow, there was still a good turnout of yellow vests and some fantastic performances. Richard Bravington achieved a new half marathon PB with a brilliant time of 1.18.53 and came in 12th position overall. Daniel Floyd was not far behind with a time of 1.22.06 and 20th position overall. First woman home was Ruth Kennedy Green with a time of 1.49.20, very closely followed by Rachel Tole with 1.50.01. A massive well done to all LRC runners who took part!
Summer 2017 has seen some great running from our club members.
In the off-road series John Hayman, Stephen Rivers,Daniel Floyd and Daniel Hurley won the men’s team competition for LRC at the Staffs Knot, a hilly course that’s a regular on our off road series.
Full results can be found at http://www.staffordharriers.org/staffs-knot/
And in a repeat result in the Grand Prix series yesterday, Richard O’Sullivan, Brian Sims, John Hayman and Daniel Floyd, also won the men’s team competition. Sarah Burton, Cass Jackson and Sonia Short achieved an excellent third place in the ladies’ team competition.
For more information on this race, visit http://www.hattondarts.co.uk/burton10k.html – race photos can be found at http://www.racephotos.org.uk/
Well done to all our members who took part in these races.
Our latest Grand Prix event was the Aldridge 10K which is a regular fixture in the series. This year this was on Sunday 11th June and we had a really good turnout as usual.
We had some fantastic results, with 2nd and 3rd place overall taken by Lichfield Running Club members. Brian Simms took 2nd and Richard O’Sullivan took 3rd place. Well done!
Particular congratulations also go to Jon Wolfe and Cass Jackson, who came first in their age categories. Cass made it a family affair with her son also coming 3rd in the fun run.
Well done to all our members who took part in this race!
For full results, see http://www.stuweb.co.uk/race/1wu
And for more photos and info, check out our facebook page:
The latest race in our Grand Prix season was the Stafford Half Marathon, on Sunday 19th March 2017. As ever, this was a really popular race for our members, with lots of yellow vests on display. We also had fantastic support from other members who weren’t running, as well as plenty of family and friends supporting. The weather stayed cool and dry, although it was quite windy. Of the 35 LRC runners, our first men home were Richard O’Sullivan, Andy Walsh and Steve Rivers, with first women back Lorraine Amos, Cass Jackson and Radhika McCathie. A big well done to all our members who competed.
Results can be found at http://www.staffordbc.gov.uk/stafford-half-marathon-2017-results
For more pictures, see our facebook page.